I can’t believe I’m only 4 months away from turning 24. Wow, this year has gone by so incredibly fast. I thought it might be fun to look back on a list that I created around my 23rd birthday of the 23 things I wanted to accomplish before turning 24. In all seriousness, I’ve had some of these in my head, but this is my first time really going through the list and thinking about how I can accomplish these- so this could be pretty depressing lol. This is pretty typical of me- procrastinating until the very last minute, but being so determined to finish that I just might lose sleep over it. I don’t mind if some of these transfer over into next year, but I’m going to make a real effort to do as much as I can here and now . . .
1. Practice my Spanish . . . (fail! However, I have talked to my coworkers about having a day during the week where we only speak Spanish- or in my case . . . try to speak Spanish while my coworkers fill in the gaps :)
2. Cook a full course meal . . . (nope- unless you count soup and sandwiches as a full course meal!)
3. Learn a new game . . . (Farkle . . . just saying it makes me giggle. It’s a dice game that requires no math skills! Unless you have to keep score, which is why I like playing it with my sister- the math professor ;)
4. Send more special occasion cards . . . (Major fail! I even made handmade Christmas cards last year but forgot to send them out! It’s okay though- I have plans on making my own graduation announcements- whew.)
5. Develop more pictures . . . (oh yeah, I should totally get bonus points for this. After two photography classes, I not only printed the pictures, but actually mixed chemicals and developed the film . . . yes, this would be me bragging ;).
6. Learn a new craft . . . (not completely- I want my aunt to teach me how to sew, but I have yet to find the time to do this . . .)
7. Drink only water (and juice in the morning) for an entire month . . . (hehe, I love how I threw juice in there. Yeah right . . . I’m completely addicted to caffeine, which means I need to brace myself for a week-long migraine if I go off of it. I’m just not ready for that yet.)
8. Make a piece of artwork for someone . . . (Check! I developed railroad photos for my Dad, had them framed, and they now hang in his den :)
9. Take a dance class . . . (I’m thinking of joining a Zumba class at our gym. Just have to find time to fit it into my schedule)
10. Take more pictures . . . (check)
11. Travel by plane . . . (Washington DC in July :)
12. Read 12 novels . . . (halfway there)
13. Take an unplanned trip somewhere . . . (I really wish I would have defined “unplanned” when I made this list. I’m just not really an “unplanned” kind of gal. hmmm . . . maybe that’s why I included it on the list.
14. Visit Sea World . .. ( S, if you’re reading this, can we do this in the summer? :)
15. Organize all craft supplies . . . (I’m so happy I didn’t specify that I needed to keep them organized lol. My sister, an organizing extraordinaire, helped me organize all of my craft supplies a few months ago, but I have only been somewhat good at keeping it organized. Suddenly I feel very guilty. . .)
16. Do one layout per day for a month . . . (what was I thinking when I put this on the list? Did I really think I would be able to accomplish this? Hmmm . . . well, there’s still time- maybe July after I graduate?)
17. Learn Illustrator . . . (I did actually play around with it last quarter, but I still need to go through the activities in my book)
18. Finish Two Peas photo challenge . . . (not yet)
19. Take more walks . . . (I need to do this. I took a kickboxing class last quarter which was so incredibly fun, but walks really help manage all of my school stress, so I need to do that more often)
20. Go to a Lakers game . . . (I haven’t really been watching too much basketball this year, so I think I’d rather spend my money on something other than those UBER- expensive tickets. I’ll settle for watching the television with my Dad :)
21. Go to a concert . . . (Fail!)
22. Blog more frequently . . . (so far so good :)
23. Work out consistently . . . (I’m pretty good here)
So there it is. I’m going to have to work pretty hard on completing some of these, but it’s not like some dreadful assignment. These are goals I set for myself because they’re things I like, or would like, to do. So I’ll happily work towards achieving them before August.
Speaking of 23 . . . do you remember that movie- “The Number 23?” Quite awhile ago I found a spoof of that movie trailer on youtube (where else!) and it still cracks me up to this day. Enjoy . . . The Number 47 lol.